I love a flavorful hardy dessert. This bread pudding is made with French baguette and packed with fresh blueberries, toasted almonds and sautéed green apples. It’s the perfect 30 minute baked dessert that can be paired with vanilla ice cream or coconut crème fresh.
Bread pudding comes in all different flavors. This one can be made with your favorite fruits, nuts and chocolate chips too. The top is crispy while the center is soft with juicy bursting blueberries. The nuts adds a layer of texture within this soft bready treat. You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries for this yummy dessert.
Blueberry and green apple bread pudding ingredients:
- Bread: Day-old crusty bread is the best for bread puddings. Bread pudding can be made with sourdough, rustic farm bread or any hard crusted bread you desire. If your bread is too soft, pop it into the oven and bake it for a few minutes.
- Fruit: You can use fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries. If you use frozen fruit, be sure to add the fruit while it’s still frozen. The granny smith apples adds a yummy tart pucnh to the flavor profile.
- Eggs: I used large brown eggs with an extra yolk for this bread pudding. The extra yolk adds more richness to the custard.
- Dairy: I used oat milk for this bread pudding. I used a lightly sweetened oat milk by Califia Farms. The make plant-based milks that are thicker than your typical palnt-based milk products. To me, this makes up for replacing fat-rich whole milks and creams. Also, I replaced the cream with Califia Farms sweetened oatmilk creamer. I austeed the green apples in a plant-based butter with cinnamon and crused almonds.
- Spices: I love a cinnamon and nutmeg combination. With the majority being cinnamon that is complimented by a pinch of nutmeg.
- Nuts: I roasted raw almonds in a dry frying pan. Tossing the almond frequesntly until slightly golden and can be easily crushed when pressed down.
If you like the soft, most blueberry almond bread pudding, you might also like:Print