This pasta salad is loaded with fresh falvours. With spiral pasta, fresh herbs such as basil, thyme and rosemary. It’s an easily cusomizable salad to showcase any of your favorite veggies and herbs.
I’m somewhat of a night owl. During a nocturnal second wind, I made this lovely lemony herb infused pasta salad that is perfect to eat throughout the week. I love this simple vinaigrette because it’s simple and easy to make. Made with lemon juice, zest and olive oil. This herb combination is the perfect match with fresh lemons. The shrimp can be grilled or sauteed in pan with olive oil. I tossed the shrimp with pepper flakes, lemon zest and olive oil. Seasoned them with salt and pepper and sauted them until they turned a light reddish color. You can use any kind of crustracean for this pasta salad.
Lemony Grilled Shrimp Herb Pasta Salad Ingredients:
This is what I used for this pasta salad. but feel free to substitute your favorite ingredients.
- Peeled shrimp. For more flavor, leave the shells on the shrimp. Sometimes to save a few pennies, the peeled shrimp is the way to go.
- Pasta: Fusili, penne or elbow macaroni.
- Vegetables: french cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
- Herbs: Fresh basil, thyme and rosemary.
- Olive oil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Lemons: I love using the zest along with the juice for an added punch of lemon.
- Cheese: A good feta cheese either crumbled or cubed. I used Athen’s Greek feta cheese.
How to make the Lemony grilled shrimp pasta salad:
- It’s a matter of balancing, and it couldn’t be easier. Start the pasta so you can prepare the rest of the ingredients while the pasta is boiling. Cook the pasta al dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the lemon juice, zest, olive oil and herbs while it’s still warm. The warm pasta will absorb the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Season toss the shrimp in the herbs, lemon zest and olive oil and grill or pan fry a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Finally add your favorite veggeis and the remaining ingredients. The tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese cubes. I love cherry tomatoes because they give you a pop of tarty sweetness. You can add your favorite herbs such as oregono, mint and dill. Avocado would also make a tasty addition to this pasta salad.