With all of my yogurt treats, I always use plain Greek yogurt and then add ingrdients like lemon or lime zest to freshen it up. With my Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait I went a little further by adding a smidge of vanilla extract and honey. WOWSA!
For those of us who are going through cancer treatments or post-chemo, these yogurt parfaits can be gentle on the stomach. However, like with chemo and any foods, it’s process of elimination until you reach those foods that agrees with your body.
When you want a special treat and you don’t feel like being too involved, this yogurt parfait is the perfect option. The perfect healthy option too! Fresh strawberries, lemons, vanilla and honey are the missing links to this delectable dessert.
The ingredients you’ll need for this Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh strawberries
- Rolled oats
How to make a Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait
- Greek yogurt: I prefer a thicker consistency when it comes to Greek yogurt, and I only get plain. Plain Greek yogurt is like an empty canvas, and you can pain whatever your heart’s desire.
- Strawberries: Fresh ripe strawberries is your best option. Slice them into cross-sections or chop into small pieces.
- Lemons: If I could put lemon into everything, I would. Although, I don’t think my coffee would appreciate it!
- Vanilla: A pure vanilla extract helps to amplify the lemons and strawberries. Think of it as vanilla being the cheerleader of the parfait.
- Honey: Mix some honey into the yogurt, and over the parfait, makes this treat irresistible.
- Crumple: I made a quick crumble. Actually, crumble is very easy and fast to make. All you need it butter, flour, sugar, rolled oats and cinnamon.
If you like this Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait you may like these too:Print
A fresh parfait with plain greek yogurt, fresh starwberries, lemon zest and honey.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 ripe strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Crumble (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat over at 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon and oats until combined.
- Cut in the butter with a fork or your fingers until mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet, bake for 10 minutes or until crumble turns a light brown.
- You can prepare the yogurt mixture while the crumble is baking.
- Chill a pint glass in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Zest one lemon, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon zest, vanilla and honey until well incorporated.
- Assemble in layers starting with the yogurt, alternating with strawberries and crumble.
- Top with strawberries, crumble and a drizzle of honey.
There really is no rhyme or reason to making parfaits. You can use bluberries, raspberries or chocolate.
Keywords: Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Parfait, dessert, treat