OH-EM-GEE! How can a super healthy food like granola taste so good?
This chocolate granola is not only full of energy supplying nutrients, it tastes delicious too!
Unsweetened cocoa powder carries many health properties that can benefit your heart, blood pressure and help with depression. Make sure to consult with your physician about any health concerns you might have.
Personally, I try to keep my pantry stocked up with unsweetened cocoa powder. I love chocolate. I love sugar. I’m becoming very sensitive to sugar. To help curb the sugar cravings, I’ll add cocoa powder to different foods. Have you ever put a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder in your Greek yogurt? SO YUM!Print
What you will need
- Rolled oats (not the instant kind)
- 5 grain hot cereal (Bob’s Red Mill)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Almond meals
- Slivered almonds
- Maple syrup
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium sauce pan
- Wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup 5 grain cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats (not the instant kind)
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1–2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons mape syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 5 grain cereal, coconut, flax and chia seeds, almond meal, cocoa powder, slivered almonds, cinammon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medieum low heat, bring the water and maple syrup to a boil. Let simmer for about one minute, remove from heat. Stir in the baking soda and vanilla until foamy. Pour over the oat mixture and combine. Should be slightly moist. Not too wet.
- Spread the mixture on the cookie sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Let cool completely before breaking up the granola into pieces.
- You can use any kind of nut, seed and dried fruit with this recipe.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 118
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 10
Keywords: granola, chocolate, almonds, healthy, delicious, oats